Introduction to Waste Legislation
Overview - 1 Day Course Accredited
The course will provide an overview of the range of legislation covering the management of wastes in England and will highlight the differences innations, dependent upon the course delegates' interests and geographic coverage.
Suitable for the Devolved Nations: Scotland, Ireland & Wales.
This course contributes towards your CPD - Continuing Professional Development.
What's in it for me?
- Understand the key issues in relation to waste definition
- Appreciate the legal obligations in relation to waste management including an appreciation of Duty of Care, waste hierarchy and the reasons why waste should be managed correctly
- Have a basic understanding of the classification of waste using the European Waste Catalogue (Consolidated List of Waste)
- Identify the essential elements of hazardous waste controls
- Be aware of the changes due to Brexit and any current issues in the waste management industry
Who should attend?
Anyone who handles waste, whether a waste producer, waste carrier or waste management company.
- Local Authority
- Resource & Waste
"The Course was well presented & the content delivered & explained with great ease."
"Extremely well presented, very informative & delivered in a manner which was digestible & easy to understand."
"Excellent Training, very well delivered, good interaction with the group."
"Excellent training, well presented by a very knowledgeable tutor. I Enjoyed the course very much."